The Architectural Designer will assist in developing new product lines for the Engineering Department. Responsibilities will include product design, research, prototyping, and drafting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop ideas keeping in mind company’s mission and values
- Produce detailed blueprints and make any necessary corrections
- Follow architectural trends and advancements
- Understand and be able to explain design concepts with other designer/drafters.
- Effectively communicate and share information with colleagues as part of the design process.
- Maintains files and documentation per department protocols.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- HS Diploma or equivalent;
- College Degree in Architecture or related field
- Two to three years’ work-related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Excellent drawing skills and familiarity with design software
- Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions
- Visual awareness and an eye for detail/design
- Communication and project management skills