We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager in Northern
California to focus primarily on the Sacramento area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Increase brand awareness and sales in defined market.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential clients by establishing an understanding their needs and future plans.
- Determine the market’s key influencers and form strategic partnerships.
- Prepare sales plan for region using market-based objectives to effectively generate and manage prospects.
- Effectively communicate and utilize internal and external resources to address client needs and resolve concerns.
- Prepare a database of all companies that are potential buyers in assigned region.
- Deliver engaging and educational presentation to prospective clients.
- Maintain current knowledge of external market trends and internal sale strategies and operational capabilities.
- Stay updated on current sustainability topics, issues and trends. Attend conferences, read trade magazine/blogs, request training as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in the building/construction, sustainability or education industry preferred.
- 5 years experience should include business development, consulting sales, project management.
- Experience in sustainability solutions, strategic business planning and sustainable technology innovation a plus.
- Strong computer skills including MS-Office suite, industry standard CRM, web meeting and presentation tools.
- Must be or become knowledgeable in Sustainable Design/Building (LEED, CHPS.)
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success!