Supervises and coordinates activities of commercial framers engaged in constructing, erecting, installing, and repairing structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, conforming to local building codes.
Directly supervises 5-15 employees on the Production Floor. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of material required, such as lumber or fiberboard, and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated.
- Selects specified type of lumber, light gauge steel or other materials.
- Prepares layout.
- Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials.
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements.
- Assembles cut and shaped material and fastens them together with nails, screws, or glue.
- Erects framework for structures and lays subflooring, siding, and roof and/or wall sheathing.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to five years’ management experience.
- Must have experience with wood and metal stud framing.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)