Provides support to the design process through preparation of complete, accurate working plans, charts, and scale drawings for complex projects, integrating skilled architectural/engineering drafting methods and procedures through the use of computer-aided design (CAD) equipment and software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and prepare detailed electronic (CAD) working plans, charts, and/or scale drawings for complex projects from conceptual designs provided by the Designer.
- Interpret, and adapt specific program design standards to create and prepare detailed electronic (CAD) working plans, charts, and/or scale drawings for complex projects to a variety of architectural conditions.
- Ensure that all finished product is accurate, and complete. Utilize, and apply redline procedures per department protocol.
- Drawings are produced, and delivered by expected deadlines.
- Adheres to AMS drafting standards and practices.
- Communicates as a team member with Senior Drafter, Designers, Project Managers, and limited communications with consultants as needed.
- Utilizes, and prepares AMS labor, and expense reports daily, including adherence to protocol, productivity, and accuracy of job costing.
- Actively communicates progress, and schedule implications to Senior Drafter daily.
- Maintains files and documentation per department protocols.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- HS Diploma or equivalent;
- Associates Degree in Drafting;
- Two to three years’ work related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.