An EPM’s job requires a determined, motivated individual. Determined to complete projects in a timely and accurate matter in all situations. Motivated to put in the time and effort necessary to meet production objectives. An EPM will be required to handle multiple projects of varying levels of difficulty from standard to custom projects. The EPM position and skills set the tone for how successful each project will be.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be able to foster and work within a team environment departmentally as well as interdepartmentally
- Provide direction and guidance to Engineering team for standard piggyback projects as well as bid specification projects in all area’s (Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural and Plumbing).
- Coordinate project and drawings with customer and architect as it relates to a sales order/bid, and site drawings. To include progress meetings prior to approvals, DSA appointments and site meetings during construction phase.
- Maintain clear, accurate and detailed job files.
- Assist Architect of Record in submitting and obtaining DSA approvals
- Coordinate interdepartmentally to ensure timely and accurate project completion.
- Purchasing – Ensure materials are identified and ordered in order to meet production schedule
- Estimating – Coordinate pricing from estimating for proposed change orders
- Production – Manage and review drawings. Ensure project is built per contract and contract documents.
- Field – Provide technical support to field installation crews
- Maintain internal project schedule.
- Understand and utilize code.
- Check plans for code and project specific requirements.
- Other duties as required by Director of Engineering.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- College degree in related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1 year in supervisory position (3-5 people).
- 2 years developing production drawings from standard components
- 5 years in design and construction industry
- Basic AutoCAD skills (Open, Edit, and Plot)
- 2 years Field construction experience a plus.